Day Three: 30th March. Tidy mind, tidy stitches.
How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised?
Since I have recently transformed my crafting area and have posted an overview of it here, I'm going to showcase some of my storage in detail. I thought it would be fun to create a numbered photo with the list of items, kind of like what editorials do.
1. Top drawer = all of my cotton skeins
2. Most of my sock and DK yarns
3. Wound up yarn, mostly sock
4. Bulky skeins live here
5. Randoms, left-overs and extra Sunshine Yarns mini storage
6. Tote filled with larger cotton skeins and my hand-dyes
|Close-up of tote|
This has been my favorite bag! It's a Land's End canvas tote that has enough storage and pockets to house all my knitting and regular purse items on the go. One year my crafting group held a holiday party with a white elephant theme & I ended up with the biggest box which had it inside. Before I obtained this bag, I used to carry two bags plus my knitting project bag with me. It's been over a year since, it still stands well & it truly is like a Mary Poppins bag!
Can I borrow your...?
1. Project bag
2. Sunglasses + a purse hanger, perfect for keeping bags off the ground
5. Needle case
6. Pens + Post-Its
7. My wallet (can't leave home without my CoffeeMia punch card!!)
8. Smartphone - besides it's typical uses, I also use it as a row counter.
9. Shopping bag or an extra project bag if needed
|Close-up of needle case|
Ready, Set, Go!
This is where I house all of my project bags. At the moment, all of them are filled with projects. I love having them organized this way. Easy to locate, plus it's become such a cute display!
As you can see, I'm fairly organized. I've always been this way, just like my parents. In my opinion, it reduces stress and provides a clean space that allows me to create more freely. The only thing I tend to do is dump Miss Poppins out each day upon my table and leave it all sitting there until I get ready for the next day. So if ya ever want to come over for dinner, you just might end up with some notions on your plate...
Do you have a similar story? Leave your info, I'd love to hear about it!
with peace, love, unity, and respect,
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥